The following policies are established by Castle Gardens.
Facility Usage Policies
The Carousel Barn can be used for events of the following nature:
- Educational purposes such as training, retreats, or conferences.
- Social purposes such as receptions, dinners or luncheons.
- Civic & Cultural: Non-profit clubs, organizations, & government groups, and subject to approval.
- Commercial: Groups and organizations that are business entities or represent business ventures.
- Private: Limited to weddings, retirement, anniversary parties and other special events, and subject to approval.
The following regulations are applicable to all renters:
- Rentals: Rental availability is at the discretion of the Castle Gardens.
- Commercial Usage: Castle Gardens may not be rented to commercial groups or individuals for the purpose of selling or advertising products.
- Fundraising: Fundraising is limited to nonprofit groups only.
- Underage student groups: Adult supervisors must be present during the event.
Please print a copy of the photo policy and Photography/Videography Permit if you plan on taking photos.
We reserve the right to control the types of photographs taken on the property and prohibit photographic activities that are inappropriate, disruptive or incompatible. We also reserve the right to terminate photographic activities at any time if it is not in the best interest of the site and our guests.
Purchasing a photo permit
- A photo permit is required for professional photography. Posed photography is defined as (but not limited to) any posed image of individuals, groups or/and the setting of events. A permit is required if the photographer is a professional.
- Photographers or other subjects may purchase a photo permit (weddings not included) for non-exclusive use of the Gardens for $ 50/per hour of shooting 1 to 2 subjects and $75 per hour for shooting groups of 3 or more subjects (except for wedding parties). Additional hours or portions of an hour are charged at the same rate.
- Visitors are encouraged to take non-posed photographs of the gardens or buildings for personal use.
- At no time is any area of Castle Gardens to be used as a setting or backdrop for commercial photographs for the purpose of selling or advertising products or services.
Photography of Events
- The renter is permitted to have a professional photographer to take photos of the event and the individuals participating in the event at no charge.
- Photographs must be taken within the time that the facilities are contracted to the renter.
- Availability for high school Homecoming and Prom photography are always determined by the center’s rental schedule. These photographic activities are not allowed when the venue is rented.
- A Wedding Photo Permit for non-exclusive use of the Gardens may be purchased for $250 per hour or portions of an hour for a group of 20 or more subjects.
- There is limited availability for wedding photography. Wedding ceremonies and receptions supersede wedding photography.
Reserving a photo session
- Reservations are required for all photo sessions, and are subject to prior rental of the facilities.
- Reservations are accepted up to 30 days and no less than 4 days in advance of the shoot.
- All photographs must be taken between 8:00 a.m. until dusk. Sessions may be scheduled no later than one hour before dusk.
- A Wedding Photo Permit for non-exclusive use of the Gardens may be purchased for $250 per hour or portions of an hour for a group of up to 20 people.
- Please note that there is limited availability for wedding photography. Most Saturdays in warm weather are reserved for wedding ceremonies and receptions at Castle Gardens. These events supersede wedding photography.
- Do not walk in any planted, mulched or wooded area. Always stay on paths and turf areas. Even though the flowerbeds may look empty, perennial plant shoots grow just below the surface of the soil. Stepping on these shoots will kill or damage the plants by compacting the soil.
- Do not injure, disturb, damage, deface or remove any plant, part of the plant, plant identification marker, garden feature, rock or site furniture for any reason.
- Do not climb up, walk on or abuse trees, shrubs, plants, fences, walls, boulders or other garden features. Do not climb on or into any fountain or other water features.
- Do not bring pets as part of your photo shoot. Assistance animals are the only animals allowed on the property.
- During tours flash Photography is prohibited in Castle interior spaces. The Castle interior is only available for guided Castle Tours.
- Alcohol is prohibited at photo shoots.
- The Castle Gardens is the only organization that has the right to issue a photo permit.
- Do not block pathways, stairways, entries or other areas out of courtesy to other visitors.
We would love to host your wedding at Castle Gardens. Please call (309) 826-6916 to secure a date for your special day.